1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to competitions taking place across the www.mobil1thegrid.com website (each a “Competition”), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules. In addition, all entrants are required to comply with Mobil1TheGrid.com’s Terms & Conditions.
2. The promoter of Competitions is Sunset+Vine Productions Ltd of Elsinore House, 77 Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8JA (“Sunset+Vine”).
3. Any rules specific to a particular Competition will be displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“Competition Notice”) and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of differences between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
4. Sunset+Vine reserves the right to cancel or amend Competitions or the Rules at its sole discretion and without notice in the event of any event outside Sunset+Vine’s reasonable control. Any changes will be an amendment to these terms and conditions or to the Competition Notice.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Sunset+Vine shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Sunset+Vine or any company involved in a Competition are not eligible to enter the Competition. Sunset+Vine reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Sunset+Vine is aware or has reasonable grounds to suspect that a winner is not eligible for these reasons.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. registered subscription to the Mobil1TheGrid.com website.
8. By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Sunset+Vine reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and disqualify an entrant for submitting false information.
9. Where a Competition is open to all age groups, you must still obtain appropriate parental/guardian permission if you are under 18. Where a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be made clear in the Competition Notice. If no age limit is specified, the Competition is open to over 18s only.
10. Sunset+Vine reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Rules.
11. In the event that any Competition winner is subsequently disqualified from a Competition for any reason, Sunset+Vine, in its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement winner should be selected in accordance with the Competition criteria.
12. You may only enter a Competition once and multiple entries from the same email address will be counted as one entry with the first entry being submitted being the entry counted. Where Sunset+Vine discovers or has reasonable grounds to suspect that any entrant has used any software or automated process either to answer questions, enter the Competition or to make bulk entries, Sunset+Vine may exclude such entries and disqualify the entrant from the Competition.
13. There is no charge to enter a Competition. However, standard mobile data and internet connection charges may apply.
14. Where the winner is to be selected at random, he or she will be selected either by a process that produces verifiably random results or by an independent person, or under the supervision of an independent person. If the selection of a winning entry is open to subjective interpretation, an independent judge, or a panel that includes one independent member will be appointed. In either case, the judge or panel member will be demonstrably independent from Sunset+Vine, any competition intermediaries or from the pool of entrants from which the eventual winner is picked. Those appointed to act as judges or panel members will be competent to judge the competition and their full names will be made available on request. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) or panel shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
15. Prize winners will be notified by email within the time specified on the Competition Notice (and may be contacted by Sunset+Vine or Sunset+Vine’s nominated supplier[s]). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded, only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Major prizewinners’ names may be published in our digital newsletter to Mobil1TheGrid.com members. A list of all competition prize winners can be supplied by writing to Mobil1TheGrid.com Competition Prize Winners, Sunset+Vine, Elsinore House, 77 Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8JA, UK and including a self-addressed stamped envelope after the Closing Date indicated on the Competition Page.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Sunset+Vine reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time in its sole discretion.
17. Prizes are awarded at Sunset+Vine’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, Sunset+Vine and/or the Competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if entries are not of the requisite standard.
18. Where there is a minimum age requirement for entry, this will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Sunset+Vine reserves the right to request written proof of age and/or identity of any entrant including the winner. Where no such written proof is supplied, or the entrant is not the requisite age, Sunset+Vine may disqualify the entrant.
19. Sunset+Vine cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering a Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Sunset+Vine is not responsible for any technical issues in relation to any telecommunications or internet network (including in relation to speed or bandwidth), including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in a Competition. Nothing shall exclude Sunset+Vine’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. Access to the website Mobil1TheGrid.com operated by Sunset+Vine is subject to the Mobil1TheGrid.com General Terms & Conditions.
DATA PROTECTION & PUBLICITY
21. All Competitions and the Rules are and will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
1. Promotions of this nature are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
2. The promoter is: Sunset+Vine Productions Ltd. (Elsinore House, 77 Fulham Palace Rd, London W6 8JA).
3. The promotion closes at the time and day as listed on the page link which accompanies the Twitter post. All times are listed in GMT.
4. Directors, management, employees, officers and immediate families of the promoter and its related corporate bodies, employees of associated agencies involved in this promotion are ineligible to enter this promotion.
5. To enter the competition, entrants must:
a) Follow @Mobil1TheGrid on Twitter (and be actively following this account at the point of a winner being chosen).
b) Retweet the relevant competition post.
6. The winning entry will be selected at random from all of the eligible entries submitted within the promotion period.
7. There will be 1 winner only for this competition, unless otherwise stated.
8. Promotions are open to entrants aged 13 or over. If you are younger than this age, you should ask a parent or guardian to enter on your behalf.
9. The prize must be taken by the winner as stated and cannot be transferred to another person, exchanged for other goods or services or redeemed as cash. Any element of the prize that is unused will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
10. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded in law, the promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by the winner.
11. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation of any aspect of the prize due to circumstances outside of its control. In such event, an alternative element of the prize will be arranged.
12. The winners will be notified by private message to the Twitter account used to enter the competition within 28 days of the competition closing. If the winner does not reply to the notification with the information requested within 28 days of that notification being sent, they will forfeit their prize. Prizes will be delivered within 28 days of the winner providing their delivery details, unless otherwise stated through direct contact from the promoter to the winner. The promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for delays in delivery that are outside of its control.
13. By submitting an entry to this competition, you grant the promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such entry in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
14. The promoter is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about Competitions, please contact the Mobil1TheGrid.com team at the following address:
Mobil 1 The Grid Customer Support
Sunset+Vine Productions Limited
77 Fulham Palace Road
London W6 8JA